Frequently Asked Questions
- There is no packing slip with my order? To reduce costs for you and be better for the environment, we don't include packing slips with online orders. When you order from us online, you will always get an email with a list of items you ordered and the amounts charged. Please refer to this email as the packing list. Alternatively, you can log into our website and look at your most recent order in the history area. Phone, mail in and fax customers will still get a packing slip because these customers are assumed to have no internet (many don't!). If you want a packing slip, please request it in the comment box during the checkout process.
- When will my order be shipped? Orders placed before noon EST ship on the same business day. Orders placed after noon will be shipped either on the same day, or the next day, at latest. If possible, we will notify you of any delay in shipping.
- How long will my order take to arrive? East Coast orders will arrive within 2-4 business days. West Coast orders will arrive within 3-6 business days. Expedited shipping like overnight or 2 day air shipping is available, just look at the various shipping options underneath the $6.95 or free shipping charge line (it's always at the top) during the checkout process.
- How much does flat rate shipping costs? $6.95 for orders at and under $74.99. Orders at $75.00 and over shipping is free within the Contiguous USA. We also offer expedited shipping like overnight or 2 day air shipping for additional cost, just look underneath the $6.95 or free flat rate shipping line during the checkout process. The various faster shipping options are there. For more specifics please see this.
- Where are your products made? Many of our products are made here in Maine. Some of our products are made in other states, or imported from China or Canada. Please email if you have questions about a specific item, and the origin is not listed in the item description.
- What type of wood are your products made of? Our wood products are mostly Birch or Yellow Maple. If there is no other wood type listed in the item description, its usually one or the other. Wood mills commonly use both interchangeably.
- What are all of these zeros in my totals? Like $18.000 - This doesn't cost $1800, does it? No, it doesn't, we promise. The 3 zeroes after the decimal points are there to calculate fractions of a cent on smaller items. (We have many items priced at only fractions of a cent - like wood beads for example).
- I did not receive my order - what do I do? Please email or call us, as 90% of the orders we ship arrive within one week of placing your order, provided the items are in stock.
- I need to return an item - what do I do? Please refer to the bottom of the Shipping & Returns page for information. There is a link where you can print out the return label after putting in your order number and zip code.
- Want an alternative way of looking for products? Look into either the Index or the Sitemap. We also have a search box but the search results can be hit or miss using it.
Bulk Orders: If you need to order more than the largest quantity listed, please call 1-800-452-2739 or fax 207-882-6554 for our bulk pricing.
These special off-line Bulk prices do not include freight, which allows us to sell most items for substantially less than our published prices.
Please email us or call us at 1-800-452-2739 if you have any other questions. and we'll be happy to help.
(Phone Hours: 8 AM - 4:30 PM EST, Mondays - Fridays)